Online craps is a popular gambling game that involves rolling a pair of dice. The aim is to roll a total of 7 or 11 from both dice. These are considered a winning toss, whereas rolling a 2,3 and 12 are considered losing rolls. At its core, the idea behind the game is quite simple. A player rolls a pair of dive and wagers on the predicted outcome of the roll. Whilst this may be simple enough, the complicated part comes in the variation of wagers players are allowed to make. If you are new to the game it is strongly advised that you take a look at our online craps betting guide to help you understand how to play.
HOW TO PLAY ONLINE CRAPS
Craps can be quite confusing and overwhelming when you look at the table filled with all the numbers and symbols. At first glance, the table is not quite as bad as it looks, as the table is actually duplicated twice. You only need to look at and understand half of the table as the other half is exactly the same. This allows more players to bet on the table at once as there is simply more space. There are two distinct and very important phases in craps. These are known as the ‘come out roll phase’ and the ‘point phase’.
COME OUT ROLL PHASE
The initial or opening phase of the game is called the come out roll phase. Players who wish to place a wager need to bet on either a pass bet line or a don’t pass bet line. These are the only two options open to players at the beginning phase. The shooter, who throws the dice, usually aims to get a 7 or 11. If a 7 or 11 is successfully rolled all players who wagered on a pass line bet will win. If, however, the shooter rolls a 2,3 or 12 the players who wagered on the don’t pass line will win. If none of the above numbers is rolled, the game progresses into phase two, otherwise known as the point phase.
If the shooter rolls a number other than 2,3,7,11, or 12, that particular number becomes known as the point number. During the point phase, the shooter will try to attempt rolling the point number again before rolling a 7. If they managed to do this all players who wagered on the pass line will win their bets. If, however, a 7 is rolled before the point number, players who wagered on the don’t pass line will win.
Understanding the two phases of craps is essentially all players need to know in order to start betting and earning real money. There are a few other bets that players can make, however understanding these core bets are all that’s required to start playing the game.
WINNING ONLINE CRAPS STRATEGIES CANADA 2018
Online craps is a game of chance as are most casino games. Therefore, it is not possible to pick a consistent winning strategy. Players who enjoy craps do enjoy one of the lowest house edges of just under 1%. So, your odds of winning are already very good. There is very little you can do skill wise to improve your gambling odds. There are, however, a few handy tips to make your bankroll stretch further and your losses less difficult to deal with:
- Setting a budget – It is good gambling practice to always set a limit or firm budget to your bankroll. If you lose your budget, stop playing and come back another day. Don’t start losing money that was not part of your budget, to begin with.
- Set a time limit – It is also important to set yourself a time limit for casino online gambling. You should decide how long you intend playing for a try stick to that. Playing for long periods of time can lead to trouble with your real-life commitments.
- Setting a win limit – As important as setting a budget, is to set a win limit. If you happen to hit your win limit, stop playing and cash out. An online casinos house edge is designed to win in the long run. So, if you continue winning past your win limit is very likely you could land up losing all that you have won. Rather cash out before this happens and enjoy your winnings.
- Play different bets – Don’t always limit yourself to the same bets. It is fun and interesting to change it up and bet on different options. Try spread your bets around to increase your odds of winning.
- Play at the best online payout casinos – Be sure to play at the casinos with the best online payouts.
ONLINE CRAPS GLOSSARY
- Any seven – This is when the player bets that the next roll of the dice will be a 7.
- Backline – This is a term used to refer to the don’t pass line bet.
- Bankroll – This term refers to an individual players cash or money they intend to bet with.
- Bones – This is a term that refers to the dice used in craps.
- Cold Table – A cold table is used to describe a table that is unlucky and where the rolls are not going the players way.
- Hot Table – A hot table is one that seems to win with every throw.
- House edge – This is a term used to describe the inherent advantage that the house enjoys over the player. In craps, this advantage is only 1%.
- Natural – This is when a shooter throws a 7 or 11 and instantly wins any pass line bets.
- Single roll bets – These are bets that are decided after a single throw of the dice.
- Point – If the shooter does not throw a 2,3,7,11, or 12 during the come-out phase, the number they rolled becomes the point number. This number needs to be rolled again before a 7 so that the don’t pass line bets win.
- Roll craps – This occurs when the shooter rolls a 2,3 or 12 in the come-out phase.
- Shooter – this refers to the person who is throwing the actual dice each round.
REAONS TO PLAY CRAPS ONLINE
- One of the best reasons is for convenience. It is simply more convenient to play at slots casinos from the comfort of your own home than to actually drive to a real casino.
- You will always get a seat or chance to bet at online craps, however, in a real casino, the craps table may be too busy for you to join.
- Another reason is the slower pace of the game. If you are playing online you can bet at your own pace and not feel rushed.
- Playing online you can also play the best online slots free. This is a great way to learn the game without committing real money online.
- There are a greater variety of different online craps games. At your local casino, they could possibly be only one craps table.
CANADA ONLINE CRAPS FAQS
- Can you play online craps for free?
- Absolutely. The best online casinos offer free play, which will allow players to play for free without having to commit real money online.
- Do you have good odds of winning?
- Of course, you do! Online craps have some of the best odds of any online casino game. In fact, the house only enjoys a house edge of 1% over the player.
- Is playing online craps fair, or can it be rigged?
- The top online casinos are audited and regulated to ensure they are completely fair to players. So, rest assured that any casino we recommend will provide you with a fair and fun gambling experience.
- Who is the shooter?
- At a land-based casino this could be any of the people around the table placing wagers. At an online casino, you are technically the shooter, but all you really need to do is push a button and the casino will randomly throw the dice for you.
- What is the house edge?
- A house edge refers to the advantage the online casino holds over the player. In the long run, the house will always win. Players enjoy great odds and very low house edge in online craps.?