Whether you are a seasoned veteran at online roulette or just getting started, let our experts give you an introduction to this great casino game. We will also provide plenty of advice, tips, and strategies for making sure you lower the house edge. Most importantly, we will show you the very best slots casinos where you can gamble real money on online roulette tables.
PLAYING ONLINE ROULETTE LIKE A CANADIAN PRO
Real money roulette is one of the oldest and most fun traditional casino games you can now enjoy while gambling online. The great news is it’s really easy to learn and play. Just pick your favourite numbers or combinations and place your chips on the table. Wait for the dealer to spin the wheel and see where the ball lands. It is really as simple as that!
If you have never played real money roulette online before, you can jump right in today and we guarantee you will enjoy your time. The best thing is the internet version of this popular game comes with many advantages of physical casinos:
- The game is a lot faster as you never have to wait for other players. Everything is automated.
- You never have to worry about finding a seat at a table. There is an unlimited amount of online virtual seats for you to play at.
- You can find really low minimum bets online, like $1. Whereas at live casinos a minimum bet could be as much as $10 to $25.
- You have access to live online roulette wheels where a real dealer spins a real physical wheel. You, therefore, miss out nothing on the real casino’s version.
QUICK ONLINE ROULETTE TIPS
- Start with the smaller, higher odds bets like even or odds, red or black, if you are new to the game. When you get the hang of it you can try your luck on individual numbers.
- Remember the differences between American and European roulette. When it comes to the house edge, European roulette gives players much better odds. American roulette has an additional 0 slot which makes the house edge considerably higher.
- Know the payout odds and percentages before placing your bets. It is a good idea to know what bets have better odds and which bets give you the greater payouts.
- Keep track of numbers that pop up often. You would be surprised by how some tables seem to favour certain numbers. Some numbers can become “hot”.
LEARNING THE GAME OF ONLINE ROULETTE
Roulette at its core is extremely simple as it only consists of 3 main elements. A numbered wheel, a ball and a roulette board or table.
The tricky part is understanding the bets on the roulette board. This board features 1 to 36 numbers, a zero or in the case of American roulette, two zeros. The numbers alternate between black and red in colour except for the zero which is usually green. The board also features Even, Odd, Red, Black, 1-18, 19-36, 1st dozen, 2nd dozen and finally 3rd dozen. All of these grids on the roulette board are options the player can wager or bet on.
The roulette wheel features all 36 numbers as well as the zero.
Your only job is to decide what number you think the ball will land on when the wheel stops spinning. You can bet on a single number by placing chips on the corresponding number on the roulette board. Your odds of winning on a single number are 1 in 37. You can also bet on the higher odds of red, black, odd, even etc. These grids cover a lot more numbers thereby giving you higher odds of winning. The downside is that your payout is also less than it would be if you bet on a single number. Finally, you can also bet on a line of numbers in the grid, or a set of numbers that form a square, or column and so on. The player has many betting options on a roulette table. All offering different odds and payouts.
After you have placed your bets the wheel will spin, with the ball bouncing around inside. Eventually, the wheel stops spinning and the ball will settle on a number to determine which number or combination is the winner. You get paid out your winnings before the next round starts.
BEST ONLINE ROULETTE STRATEGIES
When it boils right down to it, roulette is a game of chance. Therefore, there really aren’t too many online betting strategies that will see you win more often than not. As with all casino games, there is a house edge, meaning, in the long run, the house will land up winning. There are, however, a few strategies for getting the most out of roulette. One of the most important things to understand before looking at these is the difference between Inside and Outside bets.
Inside bets essentially refer to all the bets on the inside of the grid on a roulette board. These are the individual numbers from 1 to 36 including the zero. Inside bets have greater payouts but much lower odds than outside bets.
Outside bets refer to the grids that surround the board or numbers. These include even, odd, red, black, 1st dozen, 2nd dozen, 3rd dozen and columns and rows.
If you are new to roulette our experts recommend starting with outside bets as these have the greater odds of winning. Your wins may not be as big but neither will your losses.
COMMON ONLINE ROULETTE FAQS
- Do players win real money playing online roulette?
- Absolutely. In fact, this is still one of the most popular online casino games played to date. Players enjoy great odds and a low house edge.
- Can I try roulette out for free online?
- Thankfully you can. You most likely won’t be able to at a real casino, but all of the best online casinos will let you play this great game for free until you get the hang of it.
- What do I need in order to play roulette online?
- You just need a computer or suitable mobile device with an internet connection and you will be able to play online.
- Is there a strategy to determine what option will hit more frequently?
- Roulette is a game of chance. There is no concrete way of determining what will land more often. Some tables do seem to land in a pattern however so keep your eye out for that.
- Is it better to play inside or outside bets?
- Our experts have determined that it is better to try outside bets if you are newer to the game. Your bankroll will last longer and your odds will be greater of winning in the long run.
- Do betting strategies work?
- Working betting strategies are a myth. The reason casinos make money is that they have an inherent house edge. Betting strategies may be able to lower this house edge; however, the house always wins in the long run. It is always good practice to keep this in mind when you play.