Sic Bo is an old dice game that originates from mainland China. Bets or wagers are placed on the outcome of three rolled dice, similar to the more well-known Craps. Sic Bo is often called the grandfather of dice games, despite scraps being more widely known in the West. With the advent of online gaming, Sic Bo has seen a resurgence in popularity and is now enjoyed by people all over the world. If you are new to online sic bo or a veteran, keep reading our Sic Bo guide and you may find yourself rolling dice to big jackpot wins.
ONLINE SIC BO HISTORY
It is thought that Sic Bo was played in Ancient China using a pair of bricks instead of dice. Thankfully modern times have replaced bricks with dice, which I am sure you will agree makes it much easier to play. Players begin by placing wagers or bets on the outcome of the roll of the dice. The dice are then placed on a plate before being covered by a bowl, shaken and tossed. Once the dice have come to a stop the outcome and winner will be known. Immigrants introduced Sic Bo to North America in the 20th Century and were later enjoyed in casinos by about the 1990’s. Sic Bo enjoyed a continued increase in popularity throughout this time. Nowadays it can be enjoyed while players gamble online at any of the best online casinos. Players are able to bet real Canadian money online at their favourite Sic Bo casinos.
RULES OF SIC BO
The game of Sic Bo is quite simple at its core. As mentioned players place bets or wagers on the outcome of three thrown dice. Once the result is known, a player has either won or lost. The complication arises in that three dice are used instead of two like in craps. This means there are more possibilities and more betting options. The only difficult part of Sic Bo is learning and understanding the betting table. After that, it is all down to lady luck to see if you win. For online sic bo, an RNG, or random number generator will determine what dice are rolled. In a few online casinos, you may even find a live version of Sic Bo, where real dice are thrown instead.
ONLINE SIC BO BETTING
The sic bo table shows numerous betting options which can be daunting for new players. The first thing to know is that the house usually sets a minimum and maximum betting limit for each hand. As with all other luck based casino games, it is important to understand each bet and its odds, so that you can make informed betting decisions. The first bet to understand is called the ‘big’ or ‘small’ bet which is also called ‘Hi-Lo’. Big is predicting that the three-dice rolled will total between 11 and 17 and the ‘small’ bet predicts an outcome of between 4 and 10 once the three dice have been added up. This bet is the simplest for new players and also has the lowest house edge.
MOST COMMON SIC BO BETS
- Two of a kind – This is when the player wagers that 2 of the 3 dice will have the same number.
- Three of a kind – This is a wager where the player bets that all 3 dice will have the same specific number. This bet pays out the highest of any bet, but it also has the lowest odds of occurring. This bet is also known as the Triple.
- Any three of a kind – Similar to the previous bet, this is a wager that all three dice will have the same number. The only difference here is that it can be any number and doesn’t need to be specified by the player. This is known as Any Triple.
- Sum – This is when the player bets that the total of the three dice will be a specific number between 4 and 17. The payout depends on the number chosen as each has separate odds of occurring.
- Duo – The player makes a bet that two different and specific numbers will appear on any two of the three dice.
TIPS AND STRATEGIES FOR ONLINE SIC BO
- Make sure you understand the different types of bets available and their possible outcomes.
- Understand the different gambling odds of each bet as this determines the best casino payout.
- Start off with the simpler bets that are easy to understand before trying riskier bets.
- Try the game out in free play mode which is offered by all the best slots casinos.
- Be sure to always set a losing and winning limit and stick to these.
ONLINE SIC BO CANADA FAQS
- What does Sic Bo mean?
- The name originates from Chinese, and means ‘dice pair’, as the game was originally played with just two dice. The game is also known as Dai Sui, Tai Sai and Big Small.
- What is the bet with the worst odds?
- The riskiest bet is definitely the Triple or specific three of a kind, which has by far the lowest odds of winning.
- Do strategies work in Sic Bo?
- Not really. Just like all other online casino games, Sic Bo is a game of chance meaning it is not much you can do to guarantee to win. All you can do is play smart to lower the house edge in the long run.
- Can I play Sic Bo online for free?
- Absolutely. All the best online casinos offer Sic Bo and other table games for free. This is a great way to learn the game without spending real money online.
- What is the best bet to play if I am a beginner?
- Definitely, go for the big or small bet as this has a very low house edge and will make your money last longer.