Online video poker is great if you are a newer player who doesn’t like playing with the added pressure of playing with other players. It can be intimidating to play with seasoned professionals. Thankfully video poker is online so players can just enjoy this awesome card game.
LEARN TO PLAY ONLINE VIDEO POKER LIKE A PRO
Online video poker has become extremely popular in recent times. This has been helped by the many high-profile poker tournaments and players. Some players have become very popular and famous thanks to channels like ESPN who showcase all the top events.
Not everyone wishes to play poker against other players around the world. Slots casinos understand this and have launched a version of poker that can be enjoyed by yourself without having to play against anyone else, including a dealer. You don’t have to worry about being our bluffed by someone better than you. You also don’t need to worry about what hand the dealer has. Here are more reasons that make video poker so fun:
- There are drastically reduced betting limits. In fact, you can bet a few cents on each hand on some machines.
- You don’t need to worry about other people’s hands. If you have a winning hand you win. It’s that simple.
- There are fun double or nothing bonus rounds available.
- You can play virtually anywhere and at any time.
- You don’t need to wait for a seat at a table to become available.
- There are many different fun variations of poker online.
- You can play free online slots and just have fun without committing Canadian real money.
- Always hold onto cards that can make the board or are part of a winning hand. Like a pair of Jacks or better. Keeping hold of cards that are automatically a win will increase your overall winnings.
- Give double or nothing rounds ago. The odds are quite good at winning again which means sometimes it is usual to give it a go and see if you can double your winnings.
- Throw away twos unless they form part of straights or flushes as you can’t do much with them and they take up space in your hand.
- Always familiarise yourself with the pay tables so you know what cards are worth keeping and which ones you should get rid of.
- Familiarise yourself with the ranking or values of hands so you know how good or bad your hand might be.
ONLINE POKER CARD VALUES
The main thing any poker player needs to understand is the hand values. Which hand outranks another hand in value. The following table ranks hands from highest to lowest:
|0||Five of a Kind||Five cards of the same rank, only possible using a wildcard as the 5th card. This is only offered in some variations of online video poker.|
|1||Straight Flush also is known as a royal flush||Five cards in a sequence of value and same suit|
|2||Four of a Kind||Four cards of the identical value|
|3||Full House||One pair and one three of a kind.|
|4||Flush||Five cards, all beloning to the same suit.|
|5||Straight||Any five cards in a sequence of values|
|6||Three of a Kind||Three cards of the equal value|
|7||Two Pairs||Two sets of pairs|
|8||One Pair||Two cards of the identical value|
|9||No Pair also known as high card||If no other hand is held, the card of the highest value will lead your hand. Ace being the highest, 2 the lowest.|
BRIEF ONLINE POKER GAMBLING RULES
- At each betting round players have the option to check, fold, or call bets.
- The main aim of poker is to create the best possible combination of cards that have been dealt to you. In some variations, you can also use the community cards to create your hand.
- All cards in a player’s hand are used to determine the winner.
- A player is allowed to call any bet no matter how many chips they have in their stack.
- The highest ranked hand is always the winner.
- If you lose or fold you forfeit the amount you already bet.
ONLINE VIDEO POKER GLOSSARY CANADA 2018
No limit – There are no limitations placed on the bet or raise options. A player can bet any amount.
Pot limit – A player can increase their initial bet up to the limit of the pot.
Fixed limit – Players can only bet or raise within a fixed figure.
Open – This is when you make your first bet.
Check – This is when a player decides not to bet or raise and waits for the next player’s response.
Fold – You throw away your hand and drop out losing any bets made.
Call – You match or call a bet that has been made.
Raise – You increase the betting amount by a certain value.
Bluff – If you continue to bet even though you don’t have the best hand.
Pot – The amount of all the bets made to date that are up for grabs to the winner.
Action – A players turn to bet, check or fold.
Community cards – This are cards dealt on the table that any player can use to create their hand.
Flop – The first three cards of the community cards dealt.
River – This is the final card that is dealt.
CANADIAN FAQ ONLINE POKER
- Can I only play online poker on my desktop PC?
- No, luckily you can play on any suitable mobile device whether it supports Android or iOS.
- Do I have to play against other players?
- Absolutely not. You can play video poker with just yourself. You don’t even need a dealer’s hand to win.
- How is online poker different to playing at land based casinos?
- You won’t be playing against real players unless you want to. Also, the playing time is much faster online as you don’t need to wait for other people.
- What types of poker can I play online?
- The best news is you can play any version of poker online! Just head over to our top recommended online casinos and you should find your favourite online version.
- Can I play for free?
- Of course! The best online casino has an option to play for free. This is a great way to learn the game and test it out before committing real money online.